Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My Golden Globes review

I'm not going to pretend I care about all the awards. I mainly cared about the television awards, more specifically if "Modern Family" was going to win anything. Over the summer, I became a HUGE "Modern Family" fan and it has pretty much taken the love I had for "Glee" and procreated multiple "Modern Family" love babies. Well, "Glee" had a lot to do with why I fell out of love with them, but that's a topic for another post.

So the first award featuring someone from "Modern Family" was Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Series, Mini-Series, or Motion Picture. Side Note: The HFPA was just to frickin lazy to seperate this category, I'm saying that right now! Anyway, to me and a lot of people from what I was reading on the internet, this was really between Eric Stonestreet from "Modern Family" and Chris Colfer from "Glee"...Scott Caan is a fine actor but his nom kinda stumped me. Well the award goes to Chris Colfer, who I couldn't even be mad about. "Glee" has disappointed me a lot this season and Kurt is not my favorite character, and I also don't see the "oh my goodness" factor of Colfer, but what he does for the show is a admirable and he seems like a really cool guy. Plus, his acceptance speech should be envied by many...he was clear, concise, and heart felt...Al Pacino specifically needs to take notes...I almost wish he doesn't win anything else ever so I don't have to see his "just rolled out of bed" hair and half drunk speech.

I have to say to, while I didn't tear up when he won, I teared up a bit seeing the entire cast tear up for him. They were all so genuinely excited and elated for him, it was very touching to see. The cast works harder then most, and while the results may not always be superb, you can tell the work load they all put in has made them close in their personal life.

The next award was for Best Supporting Actress in a Supporting Role in a Series, Mini-Series, or Motion Picture. Yea, that one was a no brainer for Jane Lynch from "Glee", although if Sofia Vegara keeps putting in the performances she's been doing, she's gonna be raking in awards in the future. I loved their little hug before Lynch went up on stage...that plus their Funny or Die video Heather Morris put out should be the final nails in that coffin of stupid controversy.

The award that really rubs me the wrong way is the award for Best Television Series - Comedy or Musical which went to "Glee". I'm sorry, just no! Even taking off my "Modern Family" love goggles, MF has been consistently written all through out this season, I laugh my ass off every wednesday because of them, and they make me genuinely care about the show and it's characters. "Glee" is not even funny anymore, and honestly, some of the music makes me scratch my head. At the very least, I have not been as financially supportive of them like I was last season. I have only bought two songs and the christmas album from this year...and I didn't want to buy their christmas album, but they completely sucked me in with the first song...I'll explain later.

So in closing, I hope the Golden Globes aren't a preview for the Emmy's. While I like Colfer, I think Eric Stonestreet has been amazing this year as Cameron and it would be nice to see a repeat win for him...or someone else from the cast because they are all truly amazing. Plus, nominations for "Modern Family" and "Glee" are obvious, but while nominations are not out yet, I just hope "Glee" doesn't win. Ryan Murphy doesn't need anymore ego stroking.

No comments:

Post a Comment