Thursday, January 21, 2010

Silliest thing, but...

My pot roast came out great tonight!!!

Black friday I purchased a 5 qt name brand "Crock-Pot" for $13.00, big deal, and I'd been wanting. Used it for the first time tonight for hubby's birthday...I wanted to make him something we've never had/I've never done myself...maybe using the slow cooker is cheating...WHATEVER!!!! It was great, woke up a little early and cut up the potatos, onion and carrots, poured in cream of mushroom soup and milk, took the roast straight from the freezer, plopped it in and let it cook on slow for 8 hours...we didn't end up eating till six, but it was great cause after 8 hours, it just switched to warm...and it came out like my Aunt Sandy used to make em...it was so ONO (hawaiian for "good"). Hubby gave it raving reviews!

It's strange the little things that give me a sense of accomplishment :)

No comments:

Post a Comment