Monday, July 26, 2010

Comic Con 2010 pt.2

I had such a fun weekend. Was so busy and "on", but it was a total blast. Here's the lowdown:

The original plan was to bring Mary, but after taking her to preview night, we quickly decided it was not going to work. So hubs and I switched off days. He went on Thursday while I stayed home with Mary, which was fine with me cause there was nothing I absolutely had to do that day.

I went Friday morning...scoped out the Hilton Bayfront cause that's where the "Leverage" panel was being held, thengot in line for ballroom 20 which was an insane line. Things got screwed up which I was in the middle and I ended up being put all the way in the back...to which I thought "fuck this" and left the line to go to the floor.

So I didn't get to see "The Big Bang Theory" panel, but I did get to meet Daniel Dae Kim (Jin from Lost)...squeeee!!!!!!!! He was on the floor for "Hawaii 5-O" signing autographs and I actually got to talk to him for 5 seconds. I very much do not want to be that fan girl that can't keep her shit together, so I tried to be kool...but I wanted to say something...so when I get in front of him I'm like, "I loved you on "Lost", you don't even know..." which by itself is kool...then I go on to say "I cried for days after the finale"...he smiled real nice and said thank you and was like "it was really emotional huh?" and then I had to move on...I'm walking away at first absolutely elated I met him. This is seriously one of the things on my bucket list. I used to joke that my life's ambition was to go to Hawaii and stalk the cast of "LOST"...after the glow starts to wear off and I think about what I said, I start to feel so dumb, why oh why did I tell him I cried for days after the finale?!?!?!? That just makes me look unstable, lol. But I was able to get a good picture of him and meeting him was the highlight of day for sure.

I wandered the floor for a while more, then before I left I decided to check what the line for ballroom 20 looked like...a sidenote: for Comic con, your not getting in line for a panel, your getting in line for a room...they don't clear them out in between panels, so it's a free for all...the line looked better then last time so I decided to get in it and try to see the "True Blood" panel. After 3 1/2 hours, I got in. I was all the way in the back, but that's alright. The panel itself was kinda lackluster and I walked away feeling a bit letdown.  It's hard waiting in line for over 3 hours for a 1 hour panel, your expectations will not be met all the time.

Saturday was my big day. The "Leverage" panel started at 11 and I wanted to be there really early. Not that I thought they would have as big of a audience as some others, but I knew there would be people getting in line for the room for the later panels. I woke up at 430 am to my cat scratching the hell out of his litter box, and I was too excited to go back to sleep, so I got ready at 5 and left by 615 am. Took me 30 minutes to get there and another 15 to walk clear across the convention center, so I got in line at 7 and it was really worth it. I was pretty much in front :) The videos of the panel are on youtube if anyone is interested, but I will say that I enjoyed myself immensely and even got a couple of free t-shirts. This was the one thing I wanted to do at comic con and it didn't disappoint. I left afterward so Jose could go and see his panel later on in the evening.

Sunday the three of us went. We decided not to see any panels and just wander the floor for a few hours. Went to breakfast at this crappy little restaurant/diner in downtown called "Cafediem" and then went in. I met James Marsters!!! (Spike from BtVS) Had to pay $45 (40 to get an autograph and 5 for the picture) and Jose kind of had to push me to do it cause I felt weird paying for it, but he knew if I didn't I would regret. He was very nice and I pretty much only talked about my grandmother who just loved him. He was real sweet about it and even let me take a picture of him on my phone :) I texted my mom right afterward!!! We walked around for a bit more and bought Mary a yo gabba gabba beanie and a true blood t-shirt for me...then we went home...we were really pooped, lol.

I had so much fun this year and I'm already telling Jose to buy tickets for next, I don't care if we're still living in San Diego or not, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment