Thursday, July 8, 2010

Ragu, Dog the Bounty Hunter and David Sedaris

Eventually I will be one of those people that can have multiple priorities and keep up with all of them.

Till then, these are the things that have been on my mind.

Ragu Spaghetti. In an effort to be cheap shopping for a weeks worth I bought Ragu Spaghetti Sauce, meat flavored, instead of Preggo Meat Flavored sauce. Oh my goodness...for the extra, what? 40 or 50 cents, just spoil yourself and buy Preggo. Ragu is really just a watery, reaaalllllyyyy watery tomato paste. I choked it down. Jose tossed it. Mary ate it, but I didn't give her a whole lot of it. Gosh it was so disgusting! I can't believe that was the sauce I ate as a child. I don't remember it being so nasty. Ugg...just never, never again!

Dog the Bounty Hunter has been on a lot on A&E lately. I admit, I'm a reality tv show junky, but I do have standards. I don't watch spoiled ass kids and spoiled ass adults being spoiled and rotten as hell. But anyway, I first started watching back in 2005, I had just moved to CT after living in Hawaii all my life and I was depressed and sad and I missed home and my family. I started watching this show and it really helped me through a tough time. So I continued watching. I was enthralled and I loved them. Even through all the controversy and un-masking that has gone on with Dog, I still love him. I don't know why. I still enjoy the show. Even more, Mary likes to watch it with me :)

I just got through with "Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim" by: David Sedaris. I think this is the latest in a series of memoirs he has written. I'm hoping his previous books are better then this one. This was a series of essays it seemed and it was hard to get into whichever tale he was trying to tell at whichever point in the book. It took me forever to get through it and it irritates that it took me so long. But I am not the type to stop in the middle of a book. Even if I don't like it, I won't just abandon it. That's why I am so picky about what books I start reading. Plus, I realized toward the end of the book that I don't think I would like Sedaris as a person/friend in real life. That's never quite happened to me before.

So now, before my computer dies, I bid you...adieu!

No comments:

Post a Comment