Monday, June 7, 2010

MTV movie awards

I have realized recently that I am out of touch with MTV. Or maybe it's out of touch with me. It seems to have fallen so far from it's original anarchist mentality and is now about how many f-bombs can be dropped, girls making out, and lit up coochies.

So I was watching the MTV movie awards last night because nothing else was on and it always gives a little giggle at least in the beginning. Which it did, then the rest was about the craze. Twilight was everywhere...I can not believe an entire franchise/series is about which boy a girl will choose...the new "Harry Potter" trailer seemed kool...Sandra Bullock and Ken Jeong were nice but anything sincere seems so out of place now on MTV...Christina Aguilera should be comfortable just singing and stop trying to capitalize on sex, or trying to out gaga, Lady Gaga (I am borrowing that line, I wish I made it up)...was it just me or was it a little weird how they had Tom Cruise as Les Grossman and JLo dancing to some of her older music on in the beginning, doesn't seem like a good thing for music or entertainment if MTV is reaching that far back. Plus, Les Grossman is funny, but I just feel uncomfortable watching Tom Cruise dance.

I remember a time I used to tape the MTV movie awards, like when they meant something. Remember when the award was a moon man?

Oh, and one more thing, that dude from Jersey Shore, with the hair that is probably causing a hole in the ozone layer...I've never seen Jersey Shore and probably will never, but just looking at that dude's hair annoys the crap out of me.

1 comment:

  1. My favorite part was when Ken Jeong won and said that bit about his wife! It definitely seemed out of place but so awesome at the same time!

    Hi from kimmiekarma via the Check out My Blog swap!

    ReplyDelete