Wednesday, June 23, 2010

not spending money

I can't believe how much thought I have to put in to NOT spend money. I wish it wasn't this hard, but I think I have used shopping as an endorphin and a form of entertainment for a long time.

Now we are trying not to spend too much because we've had a few months where we spent more then what we had and we were lucky we had money in our savings account. But now we have no savings and that makes me nervous.

So now I am sitting here thinking about things to do that won't cost much if any money. Cause lord knows I can't just sit at home all weekend...

It's almost a mantra I have to repeat to myself over and over: "I will not spend money, I will not spend money, I will not spend money..."

1 comment:

  1. IN riverside, there is a guide that comes in the friday paper and it has a list of things to do. Many of these things are free and low cost, when money was tight i use to get the guide to find things to do. The internet is a great source of info google free things to do in San Diego (i found a bunch when we were going their for a weekend) ... another fun one is geocaching and it is free (the initial investment of a gps is needed but most of our cell phones these days have a gps)

    ReplyDelete