Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sunday Musings

Haven't written nearly as much as I wanted to. I just sometimes feel like there's not much to say. I guess really, I feel like I've been in a funk for the last month. I'm car-less so I am homebound and lately I just have not liked myself...image wise.

But then hubs, kiddo, and I went to visit the in-laws during memorial day weekend and I always come back feeling motivated...I don't know why, but I go with it.

So I started working out...cause it's true, if you don't like how you look, just change it. If your physically capable of doing it, then not doing it is just being lazy. Which I can admit that's what I am sometimes. Oh I have my reasons, "I'm tired, Mary won't leave me alone, there's too much other stuff to do", but if you want something, you have to make it a priority. So thats what I am trying to do. I workout everyday while Mary is napping to my "Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shread" dvd...I've seen some people get some good results off of it...I take a short walk with Mary after dinner...the sun is out so much longer now...and I am gonna try and keep it up over the weekend. I just started last tuesday, but on saturday I woke up in the morning and went to the gym in my building. 30 minutes on the eliptical and about 20-30 with weights and crunches. I felt good, and tired, lol. I didn't work out today because I didn't go to bed till one in the morning because I was finishing "The Help" by: Kathryn Stockett....which is an awesome book BTW, but that deserves it's own post at another time.

I'm also gonna make a commitment to write here 3 times a week. I figure I'll write what I know. Or whatever rambling thoughts are running through my mind in that second, but it will be something.

I'm also gonna commit to one crafty swap a month. Even if it's just zentangle's...I keep saying I want to be more crafty, well dammit I am gonna be more crafty!

I have a problem with wanting a lot of things but never following through. I really want to quit that.

1 comment:

  1. I so know what you mean about just prioritizing exercise and working out... but the follow-through is tough. You just gotta do it... I'm in the same boat.

    (Swap-bot Check out my blog swap/my username there is GreenVelvet)

    ReplyDelete