Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Ugg...it's that time of the month

All yesterday I was feeling sad and pathetic. I just wanted to cry all day for no real reason and I could only think of one thing that made me sad over and over and I couldn't stop myself...till I had a beer at least, lol. 

So I knew I was getting my period. When I told Jose I was getting my period he replied while staring at his IPad, "well you get it every month, it's not a surprise"...lol, I wanted to slap him. 

I just kept thinking over and over again about a stupid facebook comment a high school friend of mine left on my profile. (That's also how I knew I was getting my period, I get really sad over the stupidest things ever) She wrote, "your an awesome mommy"...I was touched till I remembered its a thing from her profile status, something about clicking "like" and she'll make a nice comment on your profile...and that's all she could come up with for me. It's really not surprising cause we lost touch after she got married and then I got married and we both moved and things happen. But it made me think of how I have no real friends here and I'm lonely and I feel like I have a hard time connecting to people. I don't think I'm the type of person that people want to go to bat for. 

I also like to stew in self pity when on my period. lol. 

2 comments:

  1. I think "awesome mommy" is quite possible the best thing I could have heard when I was a young mom. My girls are both grown now, and the eldest has her own two sweet babies, but if Facebook had been around when they were little, it would have made me very happy to have someone who might not know me very well leave such a comment on my profile.

    In a few days, you'll think so, too :-)

    And when I read this post, I could only think of the scene in My Girl when young Anna Chlumsky's character gets her period for the first time and says to the Macaulay Culkin character, "Get outta here! And don't come back for five to seven days!"

    I'm PostMuse, from Swap-Bot, playing blog checker for the Check Out My Blog Swap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha...thank you! Yea, I'm a big baby during that time of the month. I'll get over it in 5-7 days!

    ReplyDelete