Saturday, June 26, 2010

Downtown San Diego Farmer's Market

Part of the perks of living where I live, is I am a very short walking distance from the Farmer's Market on India st. in Downtown SD. I love it, I love buying fruit and veggies and eggs that I know were organically grown with no pesticides. Someday I'll switch to an all organic grocery list, but unfortunately, if you want pesticide and chemical free produce, you have to pay a helluva lot for the luxury.

But I digress...this morning I woke up, fed Mary, cleaned up my kitchen from last night's mess, cleaned Mary, got dressed, took out $40.00 from the ATM in 7-11 and purchased:

- two breakfast Panini's: These guys make an authentic (at least their sign claims) panini and it is really good. Worth the $8.00.

- a dozen large brown eggs

- a basket of blueberries

- a "Hello Dolly" pastry: it's chocolate, coconut, nuts and some other yummy concoction from a place with no name :( But they are vegan: no sugar, no dairy, no gluten, no a lot of things, everything is natural and it tastes that way...in a good way :)

- 2 bags of green beans

Yep, that took all $40...but it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment