Friday, June 25, 2010

R&B Classics

I've thought this for a while, and have spoken about this sporadically with friends: Music today really sucks!

Now there are exceptions and I would never generalize and say every artist today is bad, but there are enough.

I put my tv on an R&B classics channel on music choice. It really brought out the difference in quality in a drastic way. Music back then had such soul and swagger and just feels rich and powerful and it was enjoyable to listen to, and I've never been a huge fan of the classics. I also realized, actual instruments were used back then, auto-tuning is the poison to the music industry in my opinion. It sounded cool and different when only one or two artists did it, but when I listen to the hits station on sirius radio, I swear it's all I hear and it's damn annoying.

Heck, when I switch from the 90's station to the current hits station, the difference is staggering.

No comments:

Post a Comment